Kassiah

Kassiah

Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)

Wait for You  -  Jennifer L. Armentrout, J. Lynn 4 stars for the story. 5 stars for the boy. 1 star because the editing made me want to throw my computer through a window. I think that averages out to 3 stars LOL.

I love Jennifer Armentrout. I love the worlds she builds and the boys she creates to make us swoon and flail. She's an amazing storyteller. Unfortunately, I have to start this review off on a bad note. The editing of this book was atrocious, so much so that if hadn't been written by Jennifer Armentrout (and I didn't already know that she wrote one of my favorite stories ever), I would have flounced pretty early on.

And that makes me sad, because I love this story. And I love Cam.

After being assaulted and shunned by nearly everyone in her community (including her parents), freshman Avery Morgansten moves thousands of miles away to attend college. There she meets and falls for gorgeous and sweet Cameron Hamilton, who shows her that she’s someone worth waiting for. As Avery lets down her guard little by little to allow Cam into her heart, she tries to move on from her past. When she starts receiving mysterious letters and phone calls, she has no choice but to tell Cam everything, even if it means losing him forever.

I loved lots of things about this book, but probably what I loved the most (besides Cam) is the development of Avery and Cam’s relationship. He was straightforward and amazing, and even though I wanted to shake Avery sometimes and ask her what the hale she was thinking by not falling into his arms immediately, it totally made sense for her character not to. I loved that there wasn’t insta-love here. It gave me the chance to fall in love with Cam, right along with Avery.

Cam is amazing and was my favorite part of this book. He might be my favorite NA guy. If not, he's definitely in the top 3. Cameron Hamilton is sweet and hot and patient and gorgeous. He's more than good looks, though. He's is smart, drinks orange juice, and bakes cookies. He’s willing to wait for Avery to come around. He’s so swoony. And he calls Avery "pretty". Did I mention that he has a pet turtle…named Raphael? ♥♥♥
“Fuck, Avery. You think I don’t want you?” His voice came out low, almost a growl. “There’s not a single part of you that I don’t want, you understand? I want to be on you and inside of you. I want you against the wall, on the couch, in your bed, in my bed, and every fucking place I can possibly think of, and trust me, I have a vast imagination when it comes to these kinds of things. Don’t ever doubt that I want you. That is not what this is about.”

*fans self*

I loved Cam and Avery's friends, too. I want more of Ollie for sure, and I'm super excited that there will be more in this series.

Like I said, the editing on this book was without a doubt the worst editing job I’ve ever read. You might think I'm exaggerating slightly, but…no. I don’t think so. This book is the book that inspired my post on why everyone needs an editor. I hate to call people out, but I'm not even kidding about this: if you're thinking about hiring Marie Romero, don't. It's too much of a risk, tbh. I bought this book from amazon the day it was released, and I've heard that it was updated and corrected, but even then it’s still in need of editing. I hope it’s much better because I want everyone to read this book.

I also didn’t love the “big reveal”. It was a let down and didn’t seem realistic. That’s all I can say about that, without giving away everything.

Despite its terrible editing, Wait for You has a great story with characters that I loved and one of the swooniest guys I’ve ever read. Read it!