Kassiah

Kassiah

The Theory of Attraction

The Theory of Attraction - Delphine Dryden I am not one who normally flounces books. I seriously try to finish. But this book? I don't even know what was going on.

First, I have to say that the cover is hot. I love the title, and...it's hot. Other than the overall idea of this book, that's about all I liked.

Cami has a thing for her hot, geeky-to-the-extreme neighbor, Ivan. She wants him. Honestly, I think she'd want anyone, but I'm not going to argue that point here. The first third of this book was boring. There was so much detail about pretty much nothing to me. Then when it got to the first sex scene...I don't even know what to say. I'm certainly no BDsm expert, but I'm pretty sure stuff shouldn't work that way. I don't think you should wait until in the middle of a sex act to explain safe words to someone who obviously has no experience with this lifestyle. Ivan himself calls his lifestyle "weirdness" at one point. Another thing that I didn't like is that Cami didn't seem to be totally into Ivan--she just wanted to get laid, regardless of if it made her uncomfortable. I also do not like how technical he is.
"I've never done this," he whispered, seeming concerned.

"Done what?"

"Post-coital demonstrations of affection."

By the time I made it to the next sex scene, I knew that was enough for me. I only read 52%, so it could have turned completely around and been the hottest, most-compelling book ever in the last half. I don't know. It reads like bad fanfic, and if you want to read good fanfic, just ask me. I'll send you links to lots of amazing stories. I just didn't like this book, and I'm surprised that Carina Press published it.