Kassiah

Kassiah

Love Him or Leave Him: A Small Town, Big Dreams Novel (Entangled Bliss)

Love Him or Leave Him: A Small Town, Big Dreams Novel (Entangled Bliss) - Sara Daniel I love a man in uniform, and this book fills my needs for a soldier and a cop--in one swoony guy! Becca and Connor were high-school sweethearts who had a bad break up. Connor went off to war, and Becca had plans to go off to college. In order to take care of her little brother, Toby (who is now almost 18), Becca had to abandon her dreams of travel and higher education. Now, she's practically counting down the minutes until Toby graduates so she can start her life. Connor is now the sheriff of their small town and has no plans to leave, ever.

I really liked the pacing of this story and the way things played out. Though the small-town politics seemed a little far-fetched to me, I liked the characters and their town. Connor and Becca realizing they still had feelings for each other made sense, and I liked the way their relationship evolved.
"What are you going to do with me now?" she asked. Her vulnerable state didn't frighten her. She trusted him too much for nerves to interfere with her desire.

His lips curled, as his gaze swept over her from top to bottom. "That's a question I've pondered for nearly half my life. Believe me, I won't run out of ideas."

What didn't I like? A couple of things. I didn't love the reveal of what made Connor and Becca break up all those years ago--I thought it was unrealistic for the couple everyone wanted to be in high school to give up over something so stupid that a real conversation would have cured. And then for his trust in her to be called into question again? DNW
Becca's entire body ached, and it had nothing to do with overextending herself on the rowing machine. She already felt like that finger was pointed at her. Sure, Connor wasn't the one pointing, but she needed him to play a different role than in high school. He couldn't stand by and not defend her. She needed him to believe in her this time.

This story was sweet, and I really liked Becca and Connor. Remember, Bliss titles fade to black, so even though there's some steam, there's nothing gratuitous. I haven't read anything else from Sara Daniel, but I definitely will be checking out more from her now. I think you'll like this one.