Kassiah

Kassiah

Glass Heart

Glass Heart - Amy Garvey I posted this review over at Fictionators, so check that out if you want to read a couple of swoony boy quotes.

Do you guise remember how much I loved Cold Kiss? If you don’t, I’ll just remind you–I really loved it. And I loved Wren, which usually never happens to me (ya’ll know I’m all about the swoony boys).

I didn’t know that there would be a sequel, but I’m really glad that there is. Glass Heart picks up not too long after Cold Kiss and is beautifully written. We get a more-mature Wren, dealing with her powers and learning how to use them. One of the things that I love about her is that while she’s got a good head on her shoulders, she is still a teenager. She still makes mistakes and is driven by hormones and tries to figure out stuff on her own. I won’t be too spoilery here, but when a situation gets out of hand, I love that she asks for help. She stands up for herself and really comes into her own. Go, Wren!

I love the swoony romance aspect of this book. There’s lots of making out and kissing and sweetness.

I remember that I didn’t understand why the romance with Gabriel was such an important part to CK, but now I do. I love that he is a regular guy, getting emo and thinking he knows everything just like the best of them. But, he’s really sweet and He wants to help her, to protect her, and he grounds her in a way that no one else can.

I love the way Amy Garvey tells a story. I love the descriptions and the emotions that I feel when reading her words. I love that Wren didn’t forget about Danny, and that though what she feels for Gabriel is different, she can’t help but compare things about them.

As much as I liked the story and love the characters, I would have liked more. There are a few very interesting characters introduced, including Bay, who I feel could have been really awesome (as in, Spin-Offs and tons of fanfiction written about him), but we didn’t get enough of them. I don’t know what else to say without giving too much away, but I …just wanted more. There’s also an RPattz reference that makes me cringe a little, but that could just be me being overly sensitive lol

I don’t know if this is the last of the Cold Kiss series, but I’m definitely not done with Amy Garvey. I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next.