Kassiah

Kassiah

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare - Melissa Jensen 1-1/2 stars

So...what to say about this book? Let's start with this: Whoever was in charge of writing the summary for The Fine Art of Truth or Dare should be fired. Or at least, his/her work should have to be checked by someone who actually read the book first. Because this:
Pretty in Pink meets Anna and the French Kiss in this charming romantic comedy.
is not this book.

There's no swoony romance that has you on the edge of your seat, waiting for them to finally realize they're meant to be together. There's no Anna. There's no Andie. There's no Blaine. There's no Duckie. And there sure as hell is no √Čtienne. (although, Alex has an accent, THAT IS NOT ENOUGH)

Ella attends a prestigious private school, and is totally in love with
Edward Willing, an artist who has been dead for decades. She studies his history and art and has a bust of him in her room that she has full conversations with. Let's totally overlook the fact that ELLA is in love with EDWARD for a minute. Or that Edward's dead. Or that he died in 1918 or something like that. Were there no other names for this girl to use? Does everything have to have something to do with Twilight? Anyway, I digress.

Ella's family was cool. Her BFF, Frankie, was awesome. I mean, without him, I'd give this book half a star. I felt like I knew him; we got a glimpse of his character and what makes him who he is. I didn't feel that with Ella. I didn't feel that with Alex (who btw--wtmf?!? What was wrong with that boy?) I didn't understand what the hell Edward Willing had to do with this story.

Really.

Overall, I can't even tell you what the point of this book was. This was one of my most anticipated books for 2012, and I'm so sad that I didn't like it. I liked Daniel. I loved Frankie. I even came to like Edward Willing (a little). But that just isn't enough.