Kassiah

Kassiah

Pandemonium (Delirium)

Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver I didn't realize that I've been sitting on writing this review since November, and part of the reason is that I just don't know what to say. I don't know how to describe how awesome I thought this book was and how much I loved it. Tonya said everything way better than I can articulate, so I hope you'll check out her review. I'll try to be as spoiler-free as possible, but if you haven't read Delirium yet, definitely don't read this.

I loved the idea of Delirium, but I wasn't convinced by the romance--I didn't feel the all-consuming love that should have swept them away. I felt like there should have been more--more devotion to Alex, more determination to be with him no matter what the cost, more devastation at the prospect of not being with him forever. I didn't feel that in Delirium.

I sure as hell got it in Pandemonium. We flip back and forth between the struggles Lena has to endure as she acclimates to being in the Wilds--without Alex--and a few months later, where she's on the forefront of the revolution. I don't want to give away anything else, but I will say that she finds herself in an unexpected situation, with someone she'd never expect to cross paths with, much less consider an ally.

The depth of emotion that I felt from Lena as a character is so much more than we got in Delirium. I understood her motivations throughout most of the book, and I found myself rooting for her. I loved lots of the other characters, though I won't ever waver on who I love the most lol

I can't even tell you how much my friends and I have talked about this book. I honestly have no idea what's going to happen, or how Oliver is going to wrap up this series in just one more. I will tell you this: If you thought Delirium had an evil cliffie, you ain't seen nothin' yet. I will advise you NOT to look at the end before you get there, though. It will ruin everything, and trust me--you want to enjoy this journey. ♥