Kassiah

Kassiah

Graffiti Moon

Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley I'm always saying that I want to give half stars, and in this case, I wish I could give more stars. More stars!

This is one of the my favorites. The story starts out when newly graduated from high-school Lucy gets a text from her boss, Just arrived at the studio. Your graffiti guys Shadow and Poet are here. She takes off, hoping to get a glimpse of the guys who have painted the city. She feels an intense connection to their art, and especially to Shadow. Lucy believes if they could ever meet, they could really, truly fall in love. She misses them, barely, but that's where her adventure begins as she sets off to find him.

Told in alternating POVs, Ed is a drop-out with the heart of an artist and a painful past. You can imagine his surprise when he runs into Lucy, the girl he went on one catastrophic date with some time ago, and that she's on the lookout for his alter-ego. I love reading the way he thinks. And the things he says.

The words of this story are nothing short of poetic. I want to bottle them up and consume them. So amazing, I feel like a moron even attempting to tell you about them. They are absolutely beautiful. And real. It's swoony:
"I choose to go all the way," I tell her, and feel like a complete wanker, but being a wanker doesn't ruin the moment. She leans foward, and I'm about to kiss her. Finally, I'm about to kiss her.

I love Lucy and I love Ed. I love their friends, and most of all I love how authentic this story feels. Things don't always work out the way you want them to, but when they do, they leave you with that smiley-face-giddy feeling that you don't want to ever let go of. Grab it as soon as you can get your hands on this book.