Kassiah

Kassiah

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith Check out my full review on the Fictionators!

Pretty much everyone that I know who has read this book loves it. And when I got to only page nine of this adorable book, I knew that I would love it, too.

The very first thing that I noticed about this book is the cover. Which, come on–some covers are absolutely horrible and/or don’t have anything to do with the book. But not this one–this one is sweet and fun and perfect for this book (except Hadley is a blonde). I was so excited when I got this in the mail, and I want to tell you everything that happens in this story and quote the whole thing to you, but I don’t want you to waste your time with that. I just want you to read it.

This book takes place over a 24-hour period of time, but there are a lot of flashbacks and memories of what brought Hadley to where she is. I love, love, love the way that Smith wove her history into the story. She’s a teenager, and has the appropriate emotions, but she isn’t bratty at all. I love the way she reacts to everything, and how the memories she has seem to weave perfectly into the story.

I love the relationship that she has with both of her parents, and the authentic reaction she has to her father, who broke up their family and is marrying another woman. I just love her personality. Hadley Sullivan is definitely one of my favorite characters, ever.

Now onto Oliver. If I could sum him up in one word, it would be swooncity. I love him. I love that he calls Hadley out and makes her think before she reacts. I love that he’s quirky, and funny, and did I mention he’s British? You know how I feel about British boys. And when Oliver said “North Dakota,” I clapped. Trust me, you will, too, when you get there.

I wish there was more of them, but the parts that were there were sweet and I can totally picture them in fifty-two years. I was surprised with a couple of things, too, and am so impressed with how much “meat” is in this story. This is definitely a book that you want to pick up if you want to read something that is romantic and sweet, along with having angst and real issues.

Swooncity. That's how I sum this up. I love the cover, I love the characters, and I love the story. I think you will, too!