Kassiah

Kassiah

Bobby Flay's Bar Americain Cookbook: Celebrate America's Great Flavors

Bobby Flay's Bar Americain Cookbook: Celebrate America's Great Flavors - 'Bobby Flay',  'Stephanie Banyas',  'Sally Jackson' Reading Bobby Flay's Bar Americain Cookbook gave me the feeling of sitting down with Bobby Flay himself and going over his favorite things to cook. It's personable and fun, with recipes that range from simple to sophisticated.

First of all, regardless of whether it's a shot of a cocktail or Bourbon Praline Profiteroles with Toffee Sauce, the pictures are stunning. The recipes are amazing and cover a wide variety of tastes and interests. Simple recipes and tips, like how to make a Simple Syrup and the kitchen essentials every American pantry should have, were included, and I appreciated that.

I especially enjoyed the appetizer section, which offered great recipes of some of my favorites, with neat twists on serving ideas and variations on them. The Chicken Cutlet recipe was amazing, and even my kids enjoyed the Roasted Brussels Sprouts.

I loved the pictures of Bobby throughout as well as the commentary and bits of information that he gives with most of the recipes. Many cookbooks boast great pictures and commentary, but lack in recipes that the average person would enjoy making. Some cookbooks have great recipes, but too few visual representations to be appealing. The Bar Americain Cookbook is the perfect balance of beautiful photography, great personality, and good food. A must have for any cook.