Kassiah

Kassiah

Divergent

Divergent  - Veronica Roth This book was utterly amazing. I don't even know what to say about it that won't completely give the plot away. I read this book because of Caren's review, so if you haven't seen that, check it out.

What's my take on it, though? Veronica Roth paints an intense picture of a dystopian society that had me gripping the edge of my seat. I laughed, I cried, I gasped...I literally ached for more. There are amazing twists and things that happen that I absolutely did not see coming.

The environment and physical struggles that main character Beatrice (Tris) goes through are secondhand to the emotional transformation that she makes. I totally fell in love with her and was rooting for her the whole way through. Like most everyone else, I loved Four, too. Dude--he's swoonworthy. In a hot, tatted-up, pierced, steal-my-heart sort of way. All of the quotes I want to give are too spoilery, and that's killing me. But everytime he put his hands on her, I died. and Flailed.

One of the things that I love the most about this book is that I'm so invested in the other characters of the story. From Beatrice's parents to the new "friends" she makes, I felt like I knew them. Peter can DIAF. And that's all I can say without giving away too much lol.

I'm almost mad with myself that I read this now, because I want more. A lot more. Right now. I can't wait for the next book, but in the meantime, I'm sure that I'll be rereading this one. If you don't read this one, you're seriously missing out.