Kassiah

Kassiah

The Reluctant Wife

The Reluctant Wife - Bronwen Evans 3-1/2 stars for me, but I rounded up.

The full review, including quotes and a giveaway, can be found on the Fictionators :)

Abby was only nineteen years old when Italian Conte Dante Lombardi swept her off her feet. He made it very clear from the beginning of their whirlwind relationship that he wanted to have children right away. Lack of attention from Dante and too much pressure being a Contessa in a foreign place caused Abby to flee. Three years later, she's back. Her grandmother needs an operation, and Abby comes to Dante for the money.

He agrees to give it to her on the condition that she return to him as his wife and the mother of his future children. Dante's got secrets of his own. Abby's grown up since she met Dante, and feels like she can handle the terms of their relationship. She loved him before, but things she can turn that off, since she's going into this without blinders on.

Neither of them can deny the attraction they have to each other, but that hasn't changed since they met. One of the things that I really liked about this book was that both of them were at fault. Both of them lied. Both of them covered up things. Both of them came to their senses. I also loved that it was hot.

I loved that Dante expected more from her, and that it wasn't all his fault. I did not love some of the things their families said to them--it felt kind of fic-like and icky to me. Overall, this was a hot, fast read with substance that I wasn't expecting.