Kassiah

Kassiah

Tempting Acquisitions (Boardrooms & Billionaires, #1)

Tempting Acquisitions  (Boardrooms & Billionaires, #1) - Addison Fox The full review with quotes and stuffs can be found on the Fictionators.

I think 3-1/2 stars, but I'm rounding up.

Both the cover and the title of this quick, fun read are kind of cheesy, but I really liked this book a lot.

Kiera McBride and her sisters have taken over the family media empire, over the last eight years, have brought it from the brink of [shutting down]. Nathan Cooper is known throughout the business world for taking over floundering companies and dismantling them. He's handsome and charismatic, and excellent at what he does, so when he sets his sights on McBride Media, the sisters are understandably upset. They decide they're not going down without a fight, though. Of course, the attraction to each other that they both feel cannot be denied.

Nathan is determined to convince Kiera that they are able to keep what happens in the business world out of the bedroom. What they don't count on is that their feelings for each other show up in every aspect of their lives. He respects her, and they want to be together. Even her sisters encourage her to give the relationship a chance.

I don't want to spoil the ending, but I will say that I can't wait for more from this author. There are two companion books planned, and I wish I had them yesterday.

I loved Kiera and Nathan, which is something that doesn't usually happen for me. Though I think she fell into bed with him too soon and way too naively, her reluctance to trust him was realistic. She was smart and I liked her character. Nathan? I liked how much Nathan believed things could be black and white--that they could have wild monkey sex one night and the next morning, negotiate the takeover of her company. It didn't hurt that he was hot and was genuinely a good person. I also liked all of the other characters and how quickly the story was paced.

What didn't I like? Though it was the premise of the story, I didn't love the fact that Kiera allowed herself to sleep with Nathan. I just can't see that happening in real life. Waiting until it was all over? Maybe. I also thought the ending was a little too-wrapped-up-in-a-bow. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I also don't think it felt real. All in all, Tempting Acquisitions was a clever, hot, fun read. You want to grab this one, too.