Kassiah

Kassiah

Tempted by Trouble

Tempted by Trouble - Michelle Smart 3 stars.

You can read my full review, including quotes, on the Fictionators.

First I would like to say that I do not think the cover of this book is representative at all. With that being said, I liked this book. :)

Pippa has been living most of the last eighteen years as a wild child and when she finds herself in the middle of some legal trouble, her dad exiles her to the Caribbean home of his wife’s nephew, Marco. Ten years older than Pippa, Marco owns a highly successful software company and is a workaholic. The two of them share a history, mostly centered around Pippa’s lifelong crush and Marco’s determination to offer his help, but always from a distance. An embarrassing encounter on Pippa’s eighteenth birthday has caused a seven-year gap in their relationship, and they really don’t like each other when the story opens up.

As Pippa continues her stay, she and Marco cannot deny their attraction. This book has some steamy scenes (#pianosexftw), and I didn’t hate their characters for the most part. I liked the way the story played out and the how Smart constantly wove their histories into what made up their present-day characters. There were some things that I really didn’t like, though, especially Pippa’s willingness to overlook some of the things that Marco says to her. Not even kidding, I would have told his ass to take a hike. There were also some ladybits terms that I really did not care for (petaled opening, core of femininity, and velvet moistness come to mind), and the HEA came a little too quickly for me.

With that being said, it was a quick read, and I enjoyed it. I will definitely be checking out more from this author, and I think you’ll like it, too.