Kassiah

Kassiah

What a Boy Wants

What a Boy Wants - Nyrae Dawn 4.5 stars, if that kind of thing were possible...

I stumbled across this story when I was looking for good book deals to pass along to our readers on the Fictionators. For just 99 cents, I thought what the heck--I'll try it. The cover's really cute. If this book were a full price $17.99 hardcover, I would still tell you guys to run out and get it. Right now. I loved this book!

I love high school stories and this one is right up my alley. Sebastian, who is totally swoonworthy by the way, earns money by anonymously giving girls advice on how to get the guy of their dreams. When he gets a new assignment, he finds himself noticing his BFF, Aspen, in a new light. I love best friends to more stories, and though you already know what’s going to happen, I really like the twists and turns that we take to get there. I like the journey that Sebastian takes as a character, and I love everyone else, too. The other characters are awesome; he’s been friends with Aspen, Jaden, and Pris forever. They rely on each other and I love their dynamic. I can’t wait to read the companion novel about Jaden (and Pris, I think).

The thing I love about this book is that it’s so real. Sebastian’s voice is authentic. He deals with real-life stuff, tries to be a good friend, and is a good son to his single mother. I love that he’s sweet and swoony. When he screws up, he really screws up.

I love that even though there is a minimal amount of angst, there’s fluffy sweetness that made me want more, more, more! You really can’t go wrong with this fun, romantic story. I cannot tell you how much I loved this book, and I think you will love it, too.